Sometimes we don’t look after our teeth or treat them in the manner they deserve. We think that brushing them is enough but it isn’t. Therefore, here are some tips that will help you to look after your teeth and have better oral health.
1. Brush your teeth after each meal. If you eat any acidic food, you should wait 30 minutes until you brush them because this food contains citric acid and it can damage teeth enamel.
2. Floss twice a day. It is an essential part of maintaining a healthy mouth. Flossing will help you to get rid of the food particles that are trapped between teeth that are very difficult to reach with a toothbrush.
3. Don’t smoke and avoid alcoholic drinks. These substances can cause severe gum disease, tooth staining, bad breath and tooth loss.
4. Eat healthy food and reduce the amount of sugar, which can damage your teeth and cause tooth decay. Limit the number of soft drinks and use a straw so your teeth are less exposed to the sugar and acid in the drink.
5. Visit your dentist for a routine examination on a regular basis, especially if you have filled teeth or are susceptible to gum problems.